Tuesday, August 19, 2008

On Bullies

It is a terrible thing to feel bullied. It's like every ounce of your own self-worth is yanked out and stomped on by someone else. That shouldn't be allowed. It's even more terrifying when the offender is more than twice your age, too.

And it's hard to see other people be bullied and know that there's nothing you can do about it.

The whole thing makes me wonder how people put up with others like that (a lot of them don't).

But, mostly, I'm just trying to get through the day without feeling too stupid by the end of it. I spent all morning being made to feel like an incompetent idiot.

2 comments:

G said...

True story:

I was in the car with my olderst brother who was dropping me of at my new yeshiva (beis medrash years).

Now, this yeshiva has a mashgiach with a not so sterling reputation for how he deals with bachurim who do not exactly toe the party line.

My brother, who had also attended said yeshiva years before, imparted to me some of the best advice I have ever received on how to deal with a certain kind of individual.

He said: "No matter what happens always remember, You are smarter than he is."

LittleBirdies said...

The worst is when your still a kid and don't have the maturity to understand that it's them that has the problems, not you.

Now I have secret, hidden text like on SerandEz!