Sunday, June 8, 2008

Breaking free

In life sometimes you can tend to feel "stuck" doing things you really don't want to be doing. And as much as you know you shouldn't be doing them, you can't seem to stop. Whether it's wasting too much time watching TV, leaving everything for the last minute, getting too caught up in your own anxieties, or even something more serious than any of those, I'm sure everyone's experienced some sort of "stuck-in-a-rut" feeling, probably more than once.

The crazy thing is that when you're stuck, it's terribly hard to get out, but once you do get out, it's one of the best feelings in the world. It's terrible to feel trapped inside something and it's even more terrible when part of your brain is screaming, "get out!" and yet the rest of you is reluctant to do anything about it because it's easy to stay where you are or it feels good or it provides you with something you didn't have before. But whenever you do something to excess or something that makes you feel kind of uncomfortable and your brain starts telling you to get out, the most important thing to remember is to listen to yourself. You always do know what's best for you, even if you try to ignore it or even if you manage to convince yourself otherwise.

I know this is so much easier said than done - aren't most things? But it's important to recognize this issue all the same, even if it's not so easy to follow. Sometimes you need help from your friends and that's okay, too. I know I used to hate being helped. I felt like I had to do everything myself or else it wasn't really my own triumph. I'm starting to get over that. And sometimes friends help you out when they don't even know. This is happening to me, too. And maybe you're helping out a friend and you don't even know.

It's always so important to listen to your friends and also to listen to yourself. Your friends (should) have your best interest in mind and you, of course, have your own best interest in mind. It's easy to delude yourself into thinking you know what's best based on what feels the best, but you always do know what's really best if you make an effort to look deep inside yourself. It's hard, but it's possible. Overcoming challenges is possible. Climbing out of ruts is possible. Finding your way is possible. I'm learning this and I haven't even had the world's worst ruts to climb out of. But let's just say that Jblogging has helped me probably in more ways that it knows (er, and by that I mean, all of you jbloggers).

Anyway, remember - bloggers never say die!

No comments:

Now I have secret, hidden text like on SerandEz!