Tuesday, July 31, 2007

John Denver

This conversation transpired earlier this evening while my mom was doing today's NY Times crossword puzzle:

Ima: The John Denver song...is that Annie's Song?
Me: Who's John Denver?
Ima and Abba: *Stare* YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF JOHN DENVER????

Well, have any of you heard of John Denver? Vote in the poll! I must know - am I legitimate in not knowing who he is, or am I completely not living on the same planet as everyone else? Is it like not knowing Billy Joel? (I love Billy Joel, just fyi)

8 comments:

haKiruv said...

Yes, it's like not knowing Billy Joel. Did you grow up in Communist China? :-D (i'm kidding)

I loved John Denver when I was little. Unfortunately he died in a plane crash. I really liked him and Jim Henson growing up. I cried when I found out Jim Henson died.

Erachet said...

Well, I DO know Jim Henson from Muppets! And...and...*crawls under table for not knowing John Denver*

Chana said...

No, I've never heard of John Denver.

Scraps said...

1) I have never heard of John Denver.

2) I tried to vote in the poll and it said "cannot process request".

Erachet said...

Chana - YES. I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE. THANK YOU.

Scraps - Ha! Another one who doesn't know! Awesome. And that's weird about the poll. I just voted and it worked fine. Hmm.

haKiruv said...

Gah! No one here must of grew up in the early 80's. I'm old.

Princess said...

It's not like not knowing Billy Joel . . . Billy Joel has infiltrated our generation more than John Denver was.
He wrote Leaving on a Jet Plane, which is a pretty famous song. That's the only reason I know him.

haKiruv said...

Who would win in a bare-knuckle fist fight? John Denver or Billy Joel.

I rest my case.