Sunday, July 22, 2007

Comfort can be found in the oddest places

It's strange, but I found the beginning of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows oddly comforting. This is not really a spoiler, unless you haven't read book 6, but in book 7 Harry thinks about his feelings over Dumbledore's death. This sort of had an impact on me after losing a teacher of my own who I was close with just two weeks ago. The fact that Harry felt so much grief and regret about a professor who he realized he actually knew very little about mirrors exactly what I am feeling now. All the questions that were never asked, the slight guilt that you feel so sad when you hardly even knew who the person really was in the end, when everything used to be about you, about what you are learning, about the issues that you have, but never about the teacher. That part of the book just made me feel better, maybe because it hit so close to home. It's strange where you can find comfort when you seek it.

No comments:

Now I have secret, hidden text like on SerandEz!