Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Lightening and Thunder and Rain - Oh My!

I love storms. Well, I love rain in general, but I especially love torrential rain with pounding thunder and sharp streaks of lightening. I'm not sure why. I think it's the energy. And while I do love being outside in the rain and enjoying it, what I love most about storms is being warm and cozy inside while all the craziness is happening outside. I love getting into pajamas and a sweatshirt and curling up on the couch with a book or sitting at the table with hot chocolate and...and pancakes! Haha, not really pancakes, but that would be awesome. And, anyway, and basically just enjoying the stormy day and taking it easy and enjoying being warm and dry while the rest of the world is drenched in a deafening tempest. I actually enjoy jumping every time there's a surprise crack of thunder. Okay, not while I'm trying to sleep at night, but if it's early enough - like it was today - and everyone's still awake and we can all laugh at how loud it is outside. Doesn't it sound like Hashem's going bowling up there or something?

And I find blackouts particularly exciting, like the blackout in the city today. Using flashlights, oooh. Bedikat chametz, anyone? Never too early to start looking!!!! Ha! Who am I kidding? I'm a chametz QUEEN. Man, I love bread. And cookies. And--and CEREAL. Yum!

Wait, why am I talking about chametz? Weird.

But I did get rather excited when I heard some subways weren't working. Why did I get excited? Well, maybe it's because I just love excitement (ugh, too much use of that word) and breaks from the day-to-day routine and since I don't have to take the subway anyway....YES. THAT'S RIGHT. I GOT EXCITED AT THE EXPENSE OF EVERYONE ELSE. SO THERE.

Aaaaanyway, yes. So I love storms. They make me happy. The end. =D

5 comments:

Ezzie said...

Hehe :)

I like the part about it being crazy outside, but nice and cozy inside. That's what I often like.

But I also really like when it's pouring and all, and I'm on a long bus ride, staring out the window, and able to actually relax and just *think*.

Chana said...

I too adore storms!

I love when I am inside and away from the storm- and also outside, though I prefer warm rain to cold.

Storms are God's personal productions for our benefit ;-) Better than any theater production I have ever seen.

Sarah K said...

I think it's amazing that two people can be so different and still be friends. I hate storms (and the fact that I came home in that monsoon yesterday and got SOAKED didn't help). And I hate excitement (and blackouts), and subway delays annoy me.

But mostly storms just scare and upset me.

Although, I was somewhat amused that there was practically a waterfall in the 169th Street subway station yesterday. It was amusing.

But it's also amusing that the same storm can evoke totally different reactions in different people.

Scraps said...

I don't mind storms as long as they don't wake me up and as long as I don't have to go outside in them. Thankfully, yesterday's storm qualified. We actually lost power in part of my office yesterday, and I got excited about that, too. :-P

Erachet said...

Ezzie - I love that, too! Well, I generally love long bus/car/train rides (especially train because they're the most comfortable) where I can stare out the window, listen to music, and get completely lost in my own thoughts and imaginings. I've come up with many a story idea and characters that way. But when it's raining out it's even better because I can sort of stick my tongue out at the weather and say, "Ha ha, you're all wet outside and I'm safe and dry in here! So there!"

Chana - Yes! Warm rain is DEFINITELY better than cold rain. Cold rain is only good in the summer when it's just been scorching minutes before. And I love your explanation about storms and Hashem. :) Maybe lightening bolts are really the lights and thunder is the sound effects and rain is the applause!

Princess - Yes, it is strange, isn't it? I guess that's why they say, opposites attract. =)

Scraps - Yay for blackouts! Yeah, I don't like being woken up by storms either unless it's a normal waking up time. Otherwise, it's bound to be something like four in the morning and then I'll have to turn my light on and read. Ever read The Dark is Rising? After reading that, I don't enjoy the dark as much when it's the middle of the night, especially during storms.

Now I have secret, hidden text like on SerandEz!