Thursday, January 27, 2011

Never Around

Jughead put it perfectly.

I hate it when people tell me I'm never around. I know I'm never around. Believe me, I'm never around to spend time with myself, either. I'm never home, I'm never in the Heights, I'm never in Queens, I'm never anywhere. I never see anyone. I miss everything that goes on and always have to be filled in. And somehow, I'm always left feeling like it's my fault. I feel like every second I'm not at field work or class, I have to be extra social with everyone to make up for the times when I'm too busy to talk. But that means that whenever I try to spend a little time just with myself, I feel so incredibly guilty about it.

I'm trying as hard as I can to be everywhere, but somehow, the place I always end up being is on the subway. Well, at least the subway never tells me I'm never around anymore.

2 comments:

Ezzie said...

Of course it's your fault - who are you to pursue your own life when others want you to do what they want?

And of course the subway doesn't tell you that - the subway is from NY, and just ignores you. :)

aminspiration said...

Unfortunately, i am one of those people guilty accusing others of never being around, but really they usually understand these well meaning peeps just wish they could see you more often..

Now I have secret, hidden text like on SerandEz!