Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Blog Makeover!

As I was sitting, pondering ways to further procrastinate my studying and Latin homework (last Latin homework of the year! Besides for the final, of course, which is take-home), I decided to give my blog a makeover. I realized that it was a very boring looking blog and I really wanted to make it someplace I would feel happy posting to. So I found this awesome template called "harbor" which I really like a lot, especially since I love oceans and seas and pirates and ships and all that. So a harbor just sounds very nice.

Then, I decided I was going to change the name from simply "Nowhere" to "Up The Beanstalk To Nowhere." You see, I couldn't get rid of "Nowhere" completely, since it sort of just stuck and I like the concept behind it, but I also really like the name "Up The Beanstalk" because it implies all sorts of adventure and funness that one can find after planting some magic beans and climbing the plant that sprouts from them all the way up to the sky. But then I realized, the place Jack went to when he climbed the beanstalk MUST have been a sort of Nowhere! Inspiration! Yes!

Hence the new name, "Up The Beanstalk To Nowhere."

I hope you all like this new layout just as much as I do. I'm really very excited about it! I especially love the picture of Jack and the Beanstalk that I found. I wanted it big like that, because it is so very pretty, but because it's big, a chunk of the original picture doesn't show. However, the important chunk does, and that is, of course, the part with the beanstalk and Jack running down it carrying the goose that lays the golden eggs.

Hmm, my blog seems to be getting more and more of a fairy tale theme to it, since I've also got Little Red Riding Hood next to my username, but I suppose that's because I love fairy tales. So there you go!

You will also notice, under the part with my username on the side of this blog, I put a countdown to both Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix movie AND Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - the last Harry Potter book EVER. My thoughts, impressions, and possible predictions for the seventh book will probably appear in a later post, but I figured a count down would be fun! I got it from a site called Mugglenet.com, which is the place where you can find everything Harry Potter! Of course, I only suggest going there if you have a lot of time to spare (or waste instead of doing schoolwork) on your hands, as you will get sucked in and not reappear for air for quite a while later. So. Yes. But it's a fun place. Ooh, and they have a caption contest there where they post a picture from one of the Harry Potter movies (sometimes tampered with using Photoshop, sometimes not) and people submit funny captions for it, and a week later they post the winners, so one week someone won with the username TheChosenOne613. I found that delightfully amusing!

So anyway, welcome to the new and improved blog of Erachet! I hope you like!

And now, off to studying. *Mutter*

2 comments:

Scraps said...

I also like all things fantasy. :)

Happy blogging, and happy studying!

Bas~Melech said...

I love "Up the Beanstalk" as a name! And the pic, too... though the goose that lays the golden eggs looks suspiciously like a hen ;-)

Now I have secret, hidden text like on SerandEz!