Sunday, April 8, 2007

Duby dooby doo

Oh. My. Gosh.
So I was in my room watching Scrubs with my sister when all of a sudden I heard this awfully loud shouting coming from downstairs. I paused the DVD and listened intently for some clue as to what was going on.
And what was it?
The Devils had scored against the Islanders with .9 seconds left in the game. The Game. The defining game of the season for the Islanders. The game that stood between vacation until next season or a spot in the playoffs. I bounded down two flights of stairs to watch the replay. POINT NINE SECONDS. I mean, come on. So the score was tied, 2-2, and the Isles were headed into overtime. Of course, as my brother predicted, no one scored in overtime. By this time, the noise my brothers and dad were making had drawn the attentions of my mom and my sister, so the whole family crowded in front of the den TV to watch the shootout. Luckily, the Islanders scored twice and Dubielewicz (the goalie) saved the last two goals of the Devils, so the Islanders won and made it to the playoffs!

No comments:

Now I have secret, hidden text like on SerandEz!